From skills-based opportunities to special events, volunteer projects are a great way to give back to your community and improve the lives of Denver area families. Mi Casa offers a wide range of opportunities for you to make a difference.
Please contact our Business Pathways team at email@example.com.
Mi Casa Resource Center® helps small businesses and entrepreneurs on their path to successful business ownership throughout the Denver Metro area and beyond.
In Business Success® Plan, entrepreneurs work to craft their elevator pitch. Pitches are presented on the last day of class. This is an opportunity to provide crucial feedback in the initial stages of these entrepreneurs' dreams.
In Business Success® Launch, entrepreneurs create business plans to share with potential investors and financial institutions for access to capital. You can use your financial, marketing, and business expertise to provide guidance and mentorship as these businesses take their first steps in the world.
· By Industry – Provide insight on your industry, tools that helped you succeed, what you wish you knew
· Panels – Be a panelist in industry-specific discussions to talk about your experience as a business owner
· General Legal Expertise - Volunteer as legal expert to support participants with legal issues related to Employment, Family, Criminal, Housing, Business, Contract, and Trademark, copyright, and patent law.
· Patent Practitioners – Provide pro bono patent research and patent application legal services for inventors.
Are you a successful business owner that wants to help new entrepreneurs?
Mi Casa will match you up per type of business and you will be able to provide invaluable first-hand advice and guidance in planning and refining the idea that participants want to pursue business in.
For thriving entrepreneurs, the mentoring program additionally offers an opportunity for community collaboration and a branding/marketing platform for mentors and their businesses.
Contact our Career Pathways team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Pathways supports low-income students, job seekers, and workers through technical skills training. We focus on the financial services industry and on administrative positions to provide opportunities for high-skill, high-paying, and flexible careers that lift entire generations out of poverty.
· Mock Interviews – Help jobseekers develop virtual interview skills by being an Interviewer during our training.
· Resumes – Help provide feedback on participants’ resumes and cover letters.
· Interview to Hire – Are you hiring?
· Connect us to your Human Resources department to reach a pool of talented, diverse candidates with industry-recognized training.
· Skills required in the workplace
· Digital literacy
· Digital Interviewing
· Effective Communication
· Social Media
· Virtual Career Fairs in partnership with Metro State University Denver and
Community College of Aurora
· Refer current employees in need of technical skills training or credentials
· Tuition-reimbursement and/or scholarship opportunities
If you want to join the team that has more fun, contact: Josh Gaydos, Grants Manager, email@example.com
Mi Casa's Development team is always in search of peers who enjoy marketing, communication, writing, photography, and all creative activities. If you are looking for a volunteer role where you can deeply engage with our nonprofit mission and help families, this is for you!
· Spread the word. Use your social media accounts to raise Mi Casa's awareness .
· Buddy up. Support a peer-to-peer fundraiser.
· Get grammatic! Help us proofread documents the Development team produces.
· Get geeky! Help us with data entry and report design. Test new applications and
· Thank the stars and our rock stars! Join our stewardship team inexpressing
gratitude to our donors and supporters.
· No writer's block here. If creative writing is your skill, you can volunteer to build
the narrative of Mi Casa programs.
· Smile for the camera. We love volunteers who can take a good photo for our
· Tweeting is not only for the birds. You can develop engaging content that shares
knowledge and provides resources for our communities through social media.
· Take the search to new heights. If you are skilled in digital tools, SEO, and
keyword management, we want to meet you!
· Design, engage, action! Volunteer to create and produce video, graphical, and
interactive content for our different audiences..
· Tell a good story. If you're a spellbinding storyteller who thrives on creating
high-quality content, volunteer with our marketing team.
· Put your eagle eye to work. Editors of content and images are most welcome.
· Let your inner artist soar. Contribute to design, social ads, and infographics
· Research and you shall find. From new technology to workforce and industry
trends, help us transform data into quality information.
· Celebrate with us! Use your birthday to create a personal fundraiser on
Of course, you get the point. Our Development team loves volunteers like you.
Hope to see you soon at Mi Casa!