Banks and Credit Unions Are Still Hiring — and You Have the Skills They’re Looking For!
The financial services industry offers great pay and benefits, endless opportunities to advance your career, job security, and a safe and comfortable working environment.
Even in a recession — banks and credit unions are still hiring! And Mi Casa Resource Center can help you start your career.
Mi Casa has relationships with many banks and credit unions that prefer to hire our graduates for their training, preparation and diverse backgrounds.
Companies in financial services, like banks and credit unions, want to hire diverse employees, including women, people of color, and people who are bilingual. In addition to great pay and benefits, banks and credit unions offer employees work-life balance and a 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule.
Are you looking for a career change?
The Financial Services Career Pathway program at Mi Casa can help you accomplish your goals!
No matter what career experience you have, you already have skills that banks value.
You don’t need to be good at math to succeed in financial services. If you are friendly, willing to learn and have people skills, we can teach you the rest!
Mi Casa supports you at every step of the training and hiring process.
If it’s been a long time — or you’ve never interviewed for a job before — Mi Casa will support you at every step to ensure you are confident and prepared.
When you complete Mi Casa’s Financial Services Career Pathway, you aren’t just an anonymous applicant in an online system. We help you create a strong resume, modify it for different job opportunities, and prepare for success in the interview process.
Then we connect you with our network of employer partners, banks and credit unions that are hiring right now!
Graduates of Mi Casa’s Financial Services Career Pathway program usually have at least three job interviews with employers who give hiring priority to Mi Casa students.
The Mi Casa Difference
Our Financial Services program is a short-term, intensive training program that will jump start your career in financial service. Why choose Mi Casa for your training? Here are some of the reasons:
- 100% scholarships are available to eligible participants
- Earn college credits — for free! — through Mi Casa’s Career Pathways program
- Connections to employers who are hiring
- We work with you to create a strong resume that you can modify for different job opportunities
- We prepare you for success in the interview process and provide support even after you are hired
- Friendly, supportive environment with staff that care about you, value your skills, and can help you address any challenges that you might face (such as transportation)
- Short-term program lasts 4 weeks and is designed to get you to work quickly while also helping you grow your personal and professional networks
- Get a great financial education that will help you manage your own money more effectively
The next class begins Tuesday, September 29.
Due to COVID-19, the Financial Service Career Pathway program will take place mostly online with some opportunities for in-person learning.
Participants in Mi Casa’s Financial Services career training program must meet eligibility requirements, including:
- At least 18 years old
- With a high school diploma or GED
- Proficient in English
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- No felony charges or extensive criminal background
- Eighth grade level in reading and math on the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
If you meet these eligibility requirements and are interested in participating in the class that begins September 29 or in a future class, please contact Javier Martinez at 303-539-5611.