If you have a recipe, an idea, a passion for cooking — Mi Casa can help you turn your idea into a thriving small business.
Fundamentals of a Food Business – starts Feb.1st
What it is: A comprehensive introduction to the world of food business.
Who it’s for: People with a recipe or idea they want to explore
What you’ll learn:
- Session 1: Food Business Regulations
- Session 2: Commissary Kitchens & Supplies
- Session 3: Culinary Skills & Safety
When: February 1st, February 8th, February 15th from 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Mi Casa offers training, one-on-one support, access to capital, and more to help entrepreneurs plan, launch and build a successful business.
The next step after completing Fundamentals of a Food Business is La Receta PRE.
La Receta PRE — March 8th to April 15th, 2021
What it is: A seven-week online business training course to help you develop a business plan, navigate startup, develop your menu and access capital.
Who it’s for: Those who do not currently have an active business but are looking to develop and implement a business plan.
What you’ll learn: Essential phases of food business planning:
- Creating a business plan
- Navigating the startup process
- Developing a successful menu
- Pitching to industry investors
Fundamentals of a Food Business and La Receta PRE are for aspiring and new food business owners. If you already have a food business, check out our La Receta PRO advanced training.
La Receta PRO helps established business owners build the connections, capital and creative solutions they need for success.
Entrepreneurs in the La Receta Program will learn about
- Foundations of successful entrepreneurship
- How to write a food business plan
- Key elements of concept design and business modeling
- Tools for evaluating the marketplace
- Effective brand building
- Feasibility techniques for financing & funding
- Effective sourcing & menu costing
- Food Truck & Catering Costs
- Human Resources
Not sure which module is best for you?
We can help you explore each module and decide which fits your needs with free, one-on-one bilingual business consulting.
Email our Business Pathways Recruiter, Brenna at BJohnson@micasaresourcecenter.org to schedule a time with a Business Consultant. Or call us at 303-539-5670.